Our educational priorities are based on a rich curriculum that takes into consideration the range, abilities, potential and interests of our students. Staff are constantly developing their knowledge and practice of the latest, evidence based educational theories and trends as a means to further support student learning and develop cooperation, independence and initiative.
At St Francis Xavier the Victorian Curriculum forms the basis of our teaching and learning framework along with several additional areas:
- Education in Faith
- Technologies – Digital and Design
- The Humanities – Civics and Citizenship, Economics and Business, Geography, History
- Digital Technology (Specialist Teacher)
- Language – Italian (Specialist Teacher)
- Performing Arts – Music, Dance, Drama, Media (Specialist Teacher)
- Physical Education (Specialist Teacher)
- Visual Art (Specialist Teacher)
- Wellbeing – including the Respectful Relationships and Bounce Back Programs
Environment and resources are intrinsic to supporting quality teaching and learning and so our school has an ongoing commitment to updating our indoor and outdoor facilities.
We have the latest devices and tools to develop the students’ technological knowledge and practice but are also extremely well equipped to cater to the creative and sporting areas of the curriculum.